The M.Tech students undergo a cohesive and strong four semester program in Computer Science with specialization in Digital Image Computing. The program includes a basket of theory papers and practical, case studies and a full year project work. The course covers the subjects in Computer Science and Image Processing like Pattern Recognition, Image processing, Data Compression, Embedded System, Neural Networks , Artificial Intelligence , GIS , Software Engineering etc. The case studies in all two semesters intensively focus on the systematic design and implementation of various technical applications through which the students attain the skills in system development and team spirit.
As part of the course, the students undertake live research projects from institutes and industries like ADRIN (Ministry of Space), NRSA Hyderabad, Sree Chithra Institute of Science and Technology, C-DAC etc.As a part of course the students undergo Industrial Training in institutions like Sree Chithra Institute of Science and Technology Trivandrum, CDit,Nest, Cyber Fornecis- C-DAC , CESS-Akkulam, ISRO-IISU etc The Department offers this M.Tech programme for graduates in Computer Engineering related subjects or post graduates in Computer Science Computer Applications. The programme runs under the Credit and Semester System and approved by AICTE . Admissions are done through GATE competitive tests. More than 100 students did their Master's dissertation work on image processing and completed their M.Tech programme in the Department since 2000.
Total number of seats approved for M.Tech by AICTE is 18.
Out of which,
Sponsored - 5
SC/ST - 3
General - 10 (out of which reservation will be giv en to OBC / BPL (forward community) / Physically Handicapped also)
A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology wit h at least 50% marks or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed in one of the following branches: Computer Science and Engineering / Information Technology / Electronics Engineering / Electrical Engineering from the University of Kerala or equivalent recognized degree of a recognized University.
Master’s degree in Computer Science / Computer Application with at least 50% marks or an equivalent
grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed from the University of Kerala or equivalent
recognized degree of a recognized University.
• Admissions to non-sponsored seats will be made on the basis of valid GATE/UGC-CSIR-NET score.
• Admissions to sponsored seats will be governed by the following AICTE guidelines. The candidates should have:
(i) Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Technology (in branches mentioned above) with at least 50% marks OR an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed from AICTE approved institutions. Preference will be given to candidates who have qualified GATE.
(ii) A minimum two years of full time work experience in Category I ( an Educational Institution / Research institution / any Government Department / Government Autonomous Organization) OR in Category II ( a registered firm / Company / Industry in the relevant field with CMM level 5 / CMMI / ISO certification)
(iii) Less than 45 years of age as on 1st day of the year of admission.
(iv) For sponsored candidates, ranking shall be based on 80% weightage for CGPA/aggregate marks at bachelor level, 10% for work experience (1%/year) and 10% for an interview conducted by Department Council.
(v) Along with the application, a sponsored candidate shall produce the Experience Certificate and Sponsorship Certificate from the employer stating that the candidate is being sponsored to get admission to M.Tech programme in Computer Science in the Dept. of Computer Science, University of Kerala. The employer should also indicate that the candidate will not be withdrawn mid way till the completion of the course
(vi) The date of issue of the Sponsorship Certificate shall be after the date of admission no tification. In addition to the above certificates, candidates belonging to Category II shall produce a certificate from the employer stating that the firm / company / industry is a registered one with a valid registration number and is a CMMI / CMM level 5 / ISO certified one.
• When GATE/NET qualified candidates are not available , admission will be given to other candidates on merit. Such admissions will be based on an entrance test conducted by the University of Kerala. Ranking will be done on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination and the entrance test in the ratio 50:50. There shall be 0.25 negative mark for each wrong answer in the entrance examination. Candidate shall secure at least 25% ( 20% for SC/ST category) of the average marks of the stream in the entrance examination.
Students with valid GATE score may be provided with scholarship by AICTE subject to availability of funding.
FEE STRUCTURE (Subject to revision by the University of Kerala)
1. Tuition fee (per Semester) Rs. 8500/-
2. Laboratory fee (per Semester) Rs. 1000/-
3. Library fee (per Semester) Rs. 500/-
4. Stationary fee (per Semester) Rs. 500/-
5. Learning material (per Semester) Rs. 250/-
6. Caution Deposit Library (Refundable) Rs. 500/-
7. Caution Deposit Laboratory (Refundable) Rs. 2000/-
8. Internet charges (per year) Rs. 500/-
9. Affiliation fee Rs. 400/-
Other Special fees as approved by University. In addition to the fees mentioned above, a sponsors hip fee Rs. 15,000/- per annum will be levied from the Sponsored candidates.
HOW TO APPLY
Application form can be downloaded from the Univers ity of Kerala website (www.keralauniversity.ac.in) or from the Department website (www.dcsku.org). The registration fee and fee for application form for M.Tech is Rs. 500/-. The filled up application form and the duly filled hall ticket (for candidates with no valid GATE or NET score) along with the necessary documents listed below should reach “The Head of the Department, Department of Computer Science, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 581” on or before 21st July 2017.
List of documents to be submitted along with the filled up Application Form.
• Pay-in-slip of Rs. 500/- of University Cash Counter or crossed DD for Rs. 510/- issued by any branch of SBI or District Co-operative Banks , drawn in favour of The Finance Officer, University of Kerala , payable at Thiruvananthapuram. The name of person for whom the remittance is made and the purpose of remittance should be stated on the back of the DD. DD from other banks will not be accepted.
• Attested copies of Mark Lists of qualifying examination (all semesters/all years).
• Attested copy of GATE/NET score card.
• Attested copy of Community Certificate for SC/ST reservation.
• Attested copies of Community and Income Certificate for OBC reservation.
• Attested copies of Community Certificate and BPL Certificate for BPL reservation.
• Attested copy of Disability certificate from the Medical Board of a Government Hospital for Physically Handicapped reservation.
• Experience Certificate and Sponsorship Certificate from the employer in the prescribed format for the Sponsored category
LAST DATE FOR SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION IS EXTENDED TO 21st JULY 2017
Download : Notification | Prospectus | Application | Syllabus